Contribution: Getting involved and coming back for more
Figuring out how to contribute successfully to Drupal can be tough. You need to learn how processes work, manage communication, figure out where you fit into the Drupal project, on top of producing the work that you would like to contribute.
If you have never contributed before or possibly had a bad previous experience with contributing you should attend this talk. I will explain how contribution works, how you can start contributing at a nice manageable level and then when you are confident (and completely hooked) how to build up on those skills over time to become a fully fledged contributor to Drupal.
- What can you work on and how to find it.
- What is a sprint and what can you do there.
- Tips on how to survive your first contribution sprint.
- How to keep going with contribution after your first sprint.
- What you can further get involved in once you get the hang of contribution.
- Why everyone should sign up to be a sprint mentor.